We take your safety seriously. Here’s what you can expect during your move-in.
We are committed to providing you with a community environment that aligns with CDC protocols and local health guidance in an effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to monitor and update our standard operating procedures as part of the continued focus on the health of our residents and team members. Click here to learn more about some of the precautions we are taking in striving for a clean space for all.
There are multiple ways to pay so that your move-in goes smoothly.
For those moving in Fall 2021, please be sure to pay your first rent installment by August 1, 2021. Late charges will apply unless we have received the first installment within the three-day grace period (by August 3, 2021). Checks or money orders should be made payable to Torre and can be mailed or brought directly to our office. Please note all concessions will be applied to your account prior to August 1st and any gift cards will be given electronically after move in. If you have questions regarding specials please contact our office.
You can also pay online through the resident portal using a debit card, credit card, or electronic checking transfer or by automatic recurring charge (which is highly recommended so you can just set it and forget it) to your debit card, credit card, or bank account. There are no fees when paying from your bank account or by check.
Nothing ruins move-in faster than missing paperwork. If you haven’t done so already, please submit your guarantor form (you can find a link at the bottom of this page). We’ll need to approve this before you’re able to move-in. No guarantor? Sign up with Leap by selecting this option on your application or by calling our office today. Alternately, you will be required to prepay the final two installments in advance in order to move in, as described in your Lease.
Cruise Ship Move-in™ Procedure & Tips
Moving is stressful enough, so we’ve partnered with USS, the nation’s largest professional student move-in company to help make it a breeze. If you qualify for Express Check-In (see tab) then you can take advantage of this Cruise Ship Move-in™ experience! See details below.
Arrive at your assigned time as noted in the move in email sent out. Failure to arrive at assigned time can result in a delayed move in time later in the day.
- If you are arriving in multiple vehicles, have all your belongings together, as only one vehicle is allowed in the VIP Lane. The VIP Lane will be located in the far-left lane of 21st street along the side of Torre and Lark.
- The driver will need to stay in their seat. When the last item is removed, the car will need to be moved to one of the two following parking options:
- OPTION 1: You have purchased a yearly parking pass through Torre and have picked up a pass and clicker to park in our garage.
- OPTION 2: Park in one of the pay-to-park areas
- USS will unload each car in less than 4 minutes, and handle placing your tagged belongings in your room. There is no need to get out of the car. We will sweat the small stuff so you don’t have to.
- If you have a bike, please bring that separately after you park your vehicle.
- Don’t overload boxes; go ahead and pack multiple boxes, we don’t limit the number of items (looks like those extra pairs of shoes are making the cut).
- The movers cannot move items out of your bedroom; whatever you bring with you must fit in your room (but you can move things around yourself later, once they’ve done their thing).
- There is no need to tip – Torre has covered all your moving expenses!
- Most importantly, clearly label each box with your name, floor, room number, and cell phone number. That sounds like a lot, but we promise this will make moving a million times easier in the end.
If you need to move in outside of your provided time, please remember that our Cruise Ship move-in team will not be able to assist you with unloading items. Instead, we will have large bins available to sign out in order to assist in bringing your belongings to your room.
Required approved documents
Per your Rental Agreement, you are required to provide ONE of the following to be approved to move in:
- A signed Guaranty Agreement by an approved Guarantor
- Prepayment of the final two installments of your lease contract (June & July of 2022)
- LEAP Program
Monthly utility charges are billed to your resident portal.
While internet and trash are included with your rental installment, electricity and water service will be billed to your resident portal every month through Conservice. There is a one-time fee of $60 that will be added to your first installment. Your unit’s utility bill will be divided equally among the residents living in your unit. For example, in a unit with 4 occupants, each occupant pays for 25% of their apartment’s usage.
Yes, it’s required, but we make it super easy.
There are two simple options when it comes to setting up your renter’s insurance for your Torre apartment.
Option 1: Kick back and do nothing
Torre has you covered! If you do not send us renter’s insurance details by July 31, 2021, you will be automatically opted into Wilson Peak which will cover your $100,000 liability requirements set forth in your lease. This coverage will be automatically charged to your resident portal for $11.95 a month. (Please note that this coverage only covers your liability; if you are wanting personal property protection, see Option 2.)
Option 2: Do it yourself
Get your own policy through your parents’ insurance or do it on your own with a company like Lemonade. Just be sure that you have $100,000 liability and that 1900 Nueces Properties 1, LLC is listed as the additional insured. With this option, you can also opt-in for personal coverage of your belongings. If you are providing your own insurance, please ensure it has been emailed to Torre@assetliving.com by July 31, 2021, as you will be auto-enrolled into Option 1 if you haven’t done so by then.
Looking for a way to beat the line on move-in day?
If you didn’t already know, there is always a way to beat the line. Here’s how you can skip the wait and take advantage of our Cruise Ship Move-in™ experience.
Click here for the resident portal link and register online. From here, you’ll want to make sure you can answer yes to each of the questions below:
- Did you make your first installment payment?
- If you have signed for a parking spot, did you enter your vehicle information? This can be completed on your resident portal by clicking “Parking Decal.”
- Did you sign any documents pending your electronic signature?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you’re one step closer to your new home. Besides that, all you need to bring with you is a valid photo ID (and an appetite—we’ll have snacks waiting for you).
What you need to know to take advantage of all our perks.
- Please ensure if you are bringing a pet with you that you have registered it with Pet Screening. (If you didn’t receive an email from them please call the office to get that taken care of.)
- There is a $250 non-refundable pet fee, $150 pet deposit, and $25/month pet rent.
- Please contact the office with any questions you may have.
Home automation: Be one of the first students in West Campus to experience some amazing home automation! At Torre through your resident portal app you will be able to control your thermostat and (1) smart plug in each room!
Video Callbox: Whether it’s your friends coming to visit or getting food delivered to your home. All someone has to do is look you up in the directory and call you. You will then get a facetime call through your resident portal app and be able to let your guest in. Doing so will bring the elevator down to the first floor and your guest can only click on your floor. (No more having to come down to get food or let your friends up)
Luxor package system: We will also have Luxor lockers and a package room. Any deliveries you get will be dropped off in one of the two spaces. Luxor will then send you a code to retrieve your package, which you can do 24/7.
You can download the resident portal app on your phone or tablet.